In this article I am going to share with you my fifth best tip for your successful year which is to use your creative power to design your life.
When you harness your creative power, you are able to live your life by design as opposed to letting your circumstances dictate your future.
Since you can use your creative power to design your life you are a creative being.
How to use your creative power to design your life
I have identified 6 essential ways you can use your creative power to design your life.
* The first way you can use your creative power to design your life is to visualise what you want from the depth of your heart or to put it another way to use the power of your imagination to create what you want in life.
Visualisation aligns your conscious mind and subconscious mind or your thinking mind and feeling mind with what you truly want. As you are emotionally involved with what you are thinking it increases the likelihood of its manifestation.
For example, when I decided to start my complementary therapy business, in 2007, I had a clear vision of what I wanted to create and I felt deep in my heart that it was the right decision. After all I was resigning from a comfortable 9 to 5 job to become a solo-preneur!
Shakti Gawain who is the author of Creative Visualization, a book that I highly recommend if you want to learn more about creative visualisation, says: "The clearer and stronger your intention, the more quickly and easily your creative visualization will work.”
* The second way to use your creative power to design your life is to take 100% responsibility for your life. Taking responsibility means that you are able to respond to your circumstances. When you take 100% responsibility for your life you become actively involved in the creative process of your own life.
Let me give you an example: you want to improve your relationship with someone you love however you had an argument and you have not spoken for a while.
Where there is an intention or a decision for reconciliation a solution will show up.
Since you want to improve your relationship with that person you choose as well to respond to the situation differently and this is where your creative power becomes useful. With a good intention coupled with wisdom, you will think of ways to respond to the situation more positively. You might, for example, view the situation differently. You might recognize your mistakes honestly. You might try to understand the other person’s view point and introduce peace in the relationship. Whatever method you choose to improve the relationship you would have used your creative power to do so.
* The third way to use your creative power to design your life is to ask yourself more empowering questions, which will improve the quality of your life. This is a tool I always use and return to. It is a tool in your arsenal for success, which is particularly powerful when you feel stuck and confused. It is simple it starts with “How can I ……?”
Let us use the relationship example I have previously mentioned. Instead of saying: “I can’t make this relationship work” you could ask yourself a more empowering question: “How can I make this relationship work better?” The former question means that you see no solution at all, the latter question means that there is still a light of hope. Of course, the intensity of your creative power will depend upon the intensity of your intention.
* The fourth way to use your creative power to design your life is to apply one of the three controllable ways you can change things in your life: Try something new. In order to try something new you need to be creative and to choose something that would make you feel alive and enlighten your day.
* The fifth way to use your creative power to design your life is writing or journaling. Writing or journaling allows your imagination to run wild. It has amazing healing power and it is a great source of creativity and inspiration. When something is written it is imprinted and memorised and therefore, you are more likely to take action towards it.
* The sixth and last way to use your creative power to design your life is to model other people who are successful in a particular area. It could be your parents who have an amazing relationship, a colleague who has commendable work ethics or a friend who is a very good listener, etc.
The ideas that emanate from your creative power will be effective for many years to come. In other words what you create today might or might not manifest today but may manifest in the future. Therefore, as you design your life by using your creative power you must be increasingly aware of what you wish for.
Action step to accelerate your success:
I have just shared with you 6 ways to use your creative power to design your life. I would recommend that you start by choosing one way which resonates with you the most. This is a great starting point. You may find that all of these tools will become handy at one point or another in your life.
Start watching my 3-part video training on the 7 key success principles to achieve your dreams by clicking on the link below:
Receive our newsletter and weekly practical, motivational, inspirational and transformational tips on inner peace, purpose and progress and how you can be the best that you can be by building and boosting your confidence.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.